I made this bird's nest craft as a table decor. You could make a large one for a centerpiece, just use a larger balloon. I used a wood egg from the craft store and painted it blue, like a robin egg. You could use a permanent marker and write a name on the egg and use it instead of a place card.
Here is a tutorial to see how I did it:
You will need:
- brown embroidery floss
- liquid starch
- small water balloon
- wooden egg
- Put liquid starch in a bowl
- Unwind embroidery floss into the starch (if you put is in like it is when you buy it, it will tangle)
- Blow up balloon to desired size
- Start laying the embroidery floss on the balloon in a nest shape. I went further down and then pushed it up at the bottom. (see video)
- Allow to completely dry
- Pop balloon and you have a cute bird's nest
- Paint the egg and allow to dry
- Put egg in nest
Fun for you and fun to have the kids help!
I think this would is great for Easter, a spring dinner party, or especially fun for a baby shower!
Have fun with it and as always I love comments and would love to see what you come up with!