Thursday, July 5, 2012

RECYCLED LADYBUG CRAFT

To stay up on the latest, be sure to 
You can click right HERE! 
For easy reference, click on the Tutorials tab above.
Also, I created an Amazon store link, with items that I use in my crafts, just click on the
Products I Use above!

It's time for more recycling!  I'm still using up all the golf balls and wire hangers and now I've added a water bottle to the mix!

This cute critter is fun to have hiding in your plants.


Here's the video tutorial to see how I did it:





Materials:

-  Golf ball
-  Wire hanger
-  20 gauge wire
-  Small wood piece for head
-  Plastic water bottle
-  Black acrylic paint
-  Black spray paint
-  Red spray paint
-  Glue

Tools:
-  scissors
-  safety glasses
-  drill or rotary tool



Directions:

1.  Cut wire hanger into four 2.5 inch to 3 inch pieces.  Bend each leg and the top and bottom.  A smaller bend will be the foot and the longer end will be inserted into the body.
2.  Drill holes into the body for the legs.  Be careful and wear your safety glasses.  Glue legs into the body.
3.  Cut 20 gauge wire and twist around a wooden skewer for the antennae.  Drill holes for the antennae and glue in place.
4.  Spray paint body black.
5.  While the body is drying, cut wings out of an old water bottle.  Make sure it is dry.  Take the black acrylic paint and make polka dots on the inside of the wings and allow to dry.  
6.  When the dots are dry, spray paint red on the inside of the wings.  It will probably take two coats.  Allow to dry.
7.  Glue the wings in to place and Viola! you have a ladybug to add a little whimsy to your garden!

Happy Crafting and as always, I'd love to see your version.  Send it to me at craftklatch@gmail.com and I'll post it in a future blog and on our Facebook page!















8 comments:

  1. Thanks for such a informative video.. I think I shall try this. They are absolutely darling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. like th ideal, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome. :D ty ty ty

    ReplyDelete
  4. how cute! I love lady bugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! Great video. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!! I definately need to try to make one. Looks easy and is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute and looks easy enough! I'd have to have 6 legs on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE these seen them somewhere a while and wanted to make. Thanks for the video tutorial! Now I can try to make a few.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear what you are thinking! I read each and every comment. Thank you for taking the time and stopping by!

Mona