This cute critter is fun to have hiding in your plants.
Here's the video tutorial to see how I did it:
- Golf ball
- Wire hanger
- 20 gauge wire
- Small wood piece for head
- Plastic water bottle
- Black acrylic paint
- Black spray paint
- Red spray paint
- safety glasses
- drill or rotary tool
1. Cut wire hanger into four 2.5 inch to 3 inch pieces. Bend each leg and the top and bottom. A smaller bend will be the foot and the longer end will be inserted into the body.
2. Drill holes into the body for the legs. Be careful and wear your safety glasses. Glue legs into the body.
3. Cut 20 gauge wire and twist around a wooden skewer for the antennae. Drill holes for the antennae and glue in place.
4. Spray paint body black.
5. While the body is drying, cut wings out of an old water bottle. Make sure it is dry. Take the black acrylic paint and make polka dots on the inside of the wings and allow to dry.
6. When the dots are dry, spray paint red on the inside of the wings. It will probably take two coats. Allow to dry.
7. Glue the wings in to place and Viola! you have a ladybug to add a little whimsy to your garden!
Happy Crafting and as always, I'd love to see your version. Send it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll post it in a future blog and on our Facebook page!