Here is the video tutorial:
You will need:
- Red Solo Cup (clean)
- Twizzlers or Red Vines
- Resin (I used Easy Cast)
- Wax paper
- Rubber cement or paper cement
1. Trim around the Red Solo Cup to create the outer ring of the coaster.
2. Starting from the outer ring, begin (what is the word I am looking for?) swirling (?) the Twizzlers around. The inside one might be a bit tight, but squeeze it in as best you can.
Optional: You might want to put a dab of hot glue every so often. I did not, but I also ran into a bit of a problem (see video). It think the glue might help prevent it.
3. Working on wax paper, run two or three coats of the rubber/paper cement around the bottom of the Solo cup, which will actually glue the cup onto the wax paper. That will create a seal, so the resin won't run out.
4. Prepare (according to package directions) the resin and pour the resin.
5. Cover and allow to dry over night (12 hours)
6. Remove from was paper. Rub the rubber/paper cement off of the Solo cup.
7. Enjoy your fun coaster and PROCEED TO PARTY!
What kind of candy would you put in the coaster?
Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to leave comments or questions and I will get back to you!
Remember, you can find us on Facebook.
I'm also on Pinterest, where I also share other crafts and things that I like. Hope to see you there!