The best way to stay on top of my latest crafts is to
subscribe to my
subscribe to my
Give your Christmas decorations a little zing, with this big gingerbread man! He's about 9 inches tall and is a great addition to your indoor, or outdoor decor! He is made out of resin and therefore can withstand snow and rain! Put him on a garland, put him on the tree!
You will need:
- Silicone cake pan (I bought mine at Walmart)
- Easy Cast Resin
- Acrylic paint
- Drill - if you want to hang him
- Ribbon - if you want to hang him
Here are some items, available through Amazon, incase you want to give it a try:
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Put the mold on a level surface and mix your Easy Cast. I used approximately half the bottle. Follow directions on package for mixing the resin.
2. Mix in acrylic paint until you achieve the color you want.
3. Pour into mold and cover with paper or a box, to keep out dust. If bubbles should rise to the surface, use a lighter to pop them.
4. Allow to dry 12+ hours
5. Remove from mold. My gingerbread man mold is symmetrical so, when I flipped him over, he fit right back in.
6. Paint details with acrylic paint and let dry.
7. Prepare a small amount of resin and pour over the gingerbread man - this will make him shiny and will protect the painted details.
8. If you want to hang him, drill a hole in his head. Yes I realize nothing about that sentence seemed right!!!
****What I've learned and would do differently, since I first made him:
1. I would paint the white, red and green paint directly on the mold.
2. I would use opaque pigment dye for the brown.
3. Then it comes out with a matte finish like an actual gingerbread man and the paint became part of the resin.
Enjoy! Thank you for stopping by! Happy Holidays! Happy Crafting!