I have seen this done where someone has dipped the wine glass into the paint, but I was able to find chalkboard spray paint and thought that might be a little easier. I also thought this should not be limited to wine glasses, so I added a rectangle onto a beer mug for easy identification!
You will need:
- Dollar store wine glasses and beer mugs
- Chalkboard paint
- Plastic shopping bag
- Painter tape
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Tape off where you want the chalkboard paint to go
2. Take a recycled grocery bag and cover the remaining area that will not be covered with chalkboard paint and tape it into place - this prevents major clean up later!
3. Spray paint (according to paint directions)
4. Allow to dry
5. Remove bag and tape - follow directions on if you need to prime the chalkboard with chalk or not
Hope you like it and give it a try! Your guests will have a blast!
Happy Crafting and thanks for stopping by!