Amazon

AD

Friday, December 21, 2012

Pine Cone Christmas Tree Craft Tutorial

I created this pine cone tree because I had created this big cone out of poster board and now needed to figure out how to decorate it.  Being a few days before Christmas, having a bunch of pine cones I had collected, but hadn't touched, it all began to align itself into this perfect holiday craft!!


You will need:

-  Large poster board cone - I don't know if you can buy them or not, but you CAN make it!  Watch my video here and I'll show you how ridiculously easy and inexpensive it is!!


-  Hot glue
-  Pine cones
-  Golf Balls
-  Red acrylic paint 
-  Red glitter
-  White acrylic paint
-  Clear or white glitter
-  Green spray paint
-  Tree topper - I made the tree topper on the tree and you can see how easy that was in the video there:






Here is the video tutorial on how I made the tree and put it all together:




Directions:
1.  Glue pine cones onto the cone with hot glue until you cover the whole thing.  Small pine cones work well as fillers.  I did not paint the cone beforehand because I always had the intention of spray painting the entire thing.
2.  Spray paint the entire tree green
3.  While that is drying, take golf balls (or any ornament purchased or made will work!) and paint them red and glitter them - allow to dry
4.  When the tree is dry, paint the ends of some of the pine cones with white acrylic paint and sprinkle with white or clear glitter to give the illusion of snow - allow to dry
5.  When dry, glue glittered golf balls onto the tree
6.  Make or buy a star for the top of the tree and hot glue into place

That's it!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!

Mona





4 comments:

Diana - FreeStyleMama said...

Beautiful!

Denyse said...

This is really cute and festive.

I'm having a PINTEREST Social hop. I'd love for you to hop on over, grab a button and link up your Pinterest. If you don't have Pinterest it's ok, come link up your blog.

http://mydailyphotojourney.blogspot.com/2012/12/pinterest-party.html

I'm also looking for Pinterest Pinners to feature every week beginning in January. If you are on Pinterest and are interested in being featured come link up! Who knows you might meet some other great pinners and gain a few great ideas.

http://mydailyphotojourney.blogspot.com/2012/12/looking-for-pinners.html

Have a crazy beautiful week!

Craft Klatch said...

Thanks Diana!

Craft Klatch said...

I will Denyse. Thanks for stopping by!

Mona