I love white chocolate cheesecake! I found this recipe in one of the little Kraft cookbooks that you find at the checkout in the grocery store.
I hadn't made it in about 12 years and just recently rediscovered it and have had requests. I thought I would share. It could not be simpler and more delicious. I didn't have time to get all fancy with the decorating before it was eaten, so I'll leave the decorating to your very able imaginations!
You will need:
- 6 oz. or 9 inch - ready made graham cracker pie crust - you can use the chocolate, shortbread... I saw an Oreo crust.... any would go very well with this cheesecake.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 packages of cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup (split into 1/3 and 1/3 cup portions) white chocolate morsels or white baking chocolate
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer - on a medium speed, until it is well blended.
2. Add the eggs and mix until blended.
3. With a spoon, stir in 1/3 cup of the white chocolate chips.
4. Pour the mixture into your pie crust and sprinkle the remaining 1/3 cup of white chocolate over the top.
5. Bake the cheesecake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes - or until the middle is mostly set.
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Put it in the refrigerator for 3 hours, or overnight to allow it to fully set.
7. Garnish, or don't garnish - it's yummy either way!
Tip: The crust have a plastic piece that you take out. Keep it, remove the paper label and flip it over to cover the cheesecake for storage or travel!
Thanks for stopping by!