Sunday, January 20, 2013

Nail Polish Coaster Craft Tutorial

I love crafting with nail polish and resin and it seemed like a great combination and coasters are kind of my thing right now.


You will need:

-  Nail polish
-  Coaster mold - you can buy one, or I use and egg ring/shaper on parchment paper and hot glue around it (see video)
-  Resin - I use Easy Cast


Here is the video tutorial:



Directions:

1.  Set up your mold - see video
2.  Prepare enough resin to cover the bottom of the mold - it should be a thin layer - allow to cure
3.  Paint different color nail polishes - maybe throw in some glitter - allow to dry
4.  Prepare resin to cover the nail polish - this layer can be as thick or thin as you like as long as it covers the whole layer - allow to cure

That's it!  Have fun playing with your nail polish and end up with a great accessory!

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!

Mona




4 comments:

  1. That's a great idea! Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mona,

    This is lots of fun! I want to decorate a (small) table top but I am not sure if Mod Podge would be the best overcoat. Do you think resin would work? Of course it would probably just pour over the edges.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diana -

      I don't know if Mod Podge would be durable enough. I think resin would work great, but the Easy Cast I use is normally for smaller pours, but is great because it's low odor. I'm going to email the blogger at Envirotex and see what she would recommend for a table top. She's answered questions for me before and I'll let you know what I hear. I would check out Home Depot, I think they may have a resin that's for bar tops, but I'm not sure. I'll keep you posted when I get an answer.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Mona

      Mona

      Delete

I always love to hear what you are thinking! I may not be able to answer each one of you, but know I read each and every comment. Thank you for taking the time!

Mona