Here is a cute way to recycle your pistachio shells. Years ago, on The Carol Duvall Show, she spoke with an artist, who made pistachio shells into people. I'm sure his were much better than mine, but I used him as my inspiration and married it together with my current coaster making obsession!
You will need:
- Resin - I use Easy Cast
- Egg shaper/ring
- 4 inch cork circle (craft stores carry them)
- 2 pistachio shells - cleaned
- 4 inch or slightly smaller cardstock circle
- Permanent fine tipped marker black and red
- Colored pencils
- Mod Podge
- Black acrylic paint
- Parchment paper
- Hot glue
- Elmers Glue
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Paint the cork with black acrylic paint - allow to dry
2. Prepare your mold - see video
3. On your cardstock circle, draw a landscape and stick figures. I drew a simple background with colored pencils and I drew the bodies with a fine Sharpie marker.
4. Draw faces on the pistachio shells
5. Mod Podge the cardstock design onto the cork and allow to dry.
6. Glue the pistachio shells onto the bodies - allow to dry.
7. Insert the cork into the mold.
8. Prepare your resin according to the package directions and pour into your mold, over your design.
9. Allow to sit at least 12 hours before unmolding.
That's it! You have a one of a kind masterpiece! Super cute and super easy!
Thanks for stopping by! Happy Crafting!