You will need:
- Unfinished wood plaque
- Salt clay (click here for recipe)
- Hearts - you can freehand mold them, use cookie cutters, or candy molds
- Acrylic paint in assorted colors
- Mod Podge
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Create your hearts using the salt clay. I used a candy mold for the outer hearts and a cookie cutter for the large middle heart. Let them dry and then paint them.
2. Give your plaque a paint wash using watered down pink and metallic black acrylic paint - allow to dry.
3. Print out, or write out you Valentine's Day message. Tear out the message on the edge of a table, so you have a rough edge. Give the message a watered down wash of metallic red acrylic paint and wipe off any excess. Allow to dry.
4. Arrange your pieces on your plaque. Use Mod Podge to decoupage your message on your plaque. Make sure to rub out any wrinkles.
5. Glue on the hearts and allow to dry.
6. Paint a finish coat of a gloss, satin, or matte finish over then entire project.
That's it you are done!
Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!