I was asked by a few of my YouTube subscribers to create something for best friends. I came up the the Best Friends Jar. You can call it a friendship jar, a sisters jar, or personalize it to your needs.
The jar is to be given as a gift and you include the poem (see below) and the jar is to be exchanged back and forth between friends. It can be filled with a gift, a momento, an old photo, just a note.
You will need:
- Mason jar
- Resin - I use Easy Cast
- Acrylic paint
- Mod Podge
- GlueHere is the video tutorial:
1. Mix resin and acrylic paint and pour it into the mason jar. Swirl it around until the inside is covered and drain any excess. Allow to dry for 12 hours. You might need to do this twice.
2. Print out a picture, words, a drawing, anything that you might like to use to decorate the top of the lid. Decoupage with Mod Podge onto the inner portion of the lid. The lid comes apart - remove the inner part from the ring before decoupaging.
3. Do two to three coats of Mod Podge and allow it to dry completely.
4. When dry, glue the inner portion of the lid to the outer ring and allow the glue to dry.
5. When dry, prepare your resin, according to the package directions, and pour it over the Mod Podged lid and allow it to dry for 12 hours.
6. When the lid and jar are dry, tie a ribbon around the neck - tack it on with hot glue if necessary.
7. Print out the poem - adjusting as you need - and roll it up, tie a ribbon around it and put it in the jar.
8. You can add a gift or other momento before presenting it to your friend.
**If you don't want to put resin on the side of the jar, you can try spray painting instead.
Here is the poem:
Best Friends Jar
Best friends forever
Friends throughout the years
If you ever need to talk
You’ll always have my ear
No matter where we are
No matter how far we go
You’ll always be my friend
This you’ll always know
This jar is for encouragement
Filled with a kind word or a gift
It’s to be sent back and forth
For when one of us needs a lift
Life will be filled with ups and downs
And sometimes we’ll drift apart
This jar will help keep us together
You’ll always be in my heart
Take this jar now
Keep it in your care
There’s no timeline to return it
The exchange can be frequent or rare
I give this to you today
The message I hope to send
I want you to always know
You are my dear friend
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you try it! Happy Crafting!