You will need:
- Coaster mold - see below for the video on how I created mine
- Red glitter
- Heart mirrors
- Resin - I use Easy Cast
- Glue that dries clear
Here is the video tutorial:
How I created my coaster mold:
1. Set up your coaster mold. See the directions above if you would like to see how I created the one I used.
2. Prepare your resin, according to package directions.
3. Pour resin into your mold - it does not need to be a thick layer. This will serve as the background for your hearts. Right after pouring your resin, sprinkle in your glitter.
4. Allow to cure for 12 hours.
5. Glue your mirrored hearts into place, using a glue that will dry clear. Allow it to fully dry! If you don't, the glue will never dry clear.
6. Pour your next layer of resin, making sure that the hearts are fully covered.
7. Remove bubbles as necessary - use a straw to blow on them, or carefully run a lighter over the surface.
8. Allow to cure for at least 12 hours before unmolding.
Here are some of the products I used in this project:
Thanks for stopping by! Happy Crafting!