I came across this super cute tutorial on dipped bud vases. It was by Whipperberry and I LOVED it. I printed it out and always meant to try it. When I ran across the same bud vases that she had used, I took it as a sign.
Here is the picture that inspired me:
How could you not love those?
Here is my version for Valentine's Day:
You will need:
- Bud vases - I purchased mine at Walmart for around 97 cents each
- Martha Stewart acrylic paint in the color of your choice in satin
- Martha Stewart acrylic paint in a coordinating color in pearl
- Martha Stewart glaze medium
- Paper or plastic cup
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Mix the satin paint and the glaze medium, in a ratio of 3 parts paint to 1 part glaze
2. Paint your bud vases about halfway up and allow to fully dry
3. Mix the pearl paint in the same 3 to 1 ratio and paint over the initial satin paint, but leave a small border at the top
4. Allow to fully dry
That's it! Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!