You will need:
- Coaster mold - I will attach the video below so you can see how I made mine
- Resin - I use Easy Cast
- Mod Podge
- Picture - the picture can be a regular photograph, a laser print, a picture from a magazine or a print from a copy machine - I know most people use inkjet printers. Inkjet ink is water-based and so is the Mod Podge we will be using. Therefore, the ink will run or smear. I have found an article on how to decoupage with inkjet prints and you can find some really interesting information that might help at this link:
How to Prevent Smudges and Bleeding When Using an Inkjet Printer
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Prepare your mold (see video below)
2. Prepare your resin
3. Pour a thin layer of resin into the mold and sprinkle in your glitter. Let the glitter settle and let the resin cure for 12 hours.
4. If the surface is flat enough, decoupage the picture onto the resin. If the surface is too lumpy, do a thin pour of resin to level the surface and allow to cure.
5. When you have decoupaged the picture onto the resin, allow the Mod Podge to dry completely. If it does not dry completely, it will always stay white or cloudy.
6. When dry, do another pour over the picture and allow it all to level out and allow it to cure for 12 hours.
7. When cured, unmold it!
Now you have a great coaster that is personal to you!
Here is the video on how to prepare the coaster mold:
Thank you for stopping by and Happy Crafting!