You will need:
- Frame - I had an old one given to me that I spray painted red
- Coaster mold - I will attach the video on how I made my mold below
- Mod Podge
*I printed the photograph on my laser printer, on laser transparency paper. Another option is to take your photograph to a copy store and have them copy it onto transparency paper.
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Prepare your coaster mold
2. Prepare your resin
3. Pour a small amount of resin into your mold and let it cure for 12 hours.
4. Cut out your picture to fit into the mold.
5. Paint Mod Podge onto the cured resin and carefully lay the picture on top of it, being careful not to get any fingerprints on it.
6. Using a soft rag, or an old t-shirt, take your finger and rub the picture down, making sure to eliminate all of the bubbles underneath. Then paint another coat on top of the picture.
7. Allow to dry. Make sure it dries completely. If you do the next pour before it is dry, it will be cloudy forever.
8. When dry, pour another thin layer of resin over the picture and allow to cure at least 12 hours.
9. Drill a hole into the preserved resin photograph and string a ribbon through.
10. Tie it to the frame and you are done!
Here is the video for making the mold:
Thanks for stopping by! Happy crafting!