The best way to stay on top of my latest crafts is to
subscribe to my
subscribe to my
I was asked by one of my YouTube subscribers to make a Minecraft craft. Well, when she asked, I had no idea what Minecraft was. She suggested I google it and I did. This is what I came up with. It's very similar to the One Direction necklace I made in my previous post.
You will need:
- Picture of Minecraft, mine is on card stock
- Resin clay - I used Envirotex's Jewelry Clay
- Pigment powder
- Mod Podge
- Wax or parchment paper
- Easy Cast resin
**Both the Jewelry Clay and the Easy Cast resin are made by the same company, Envirotex. If you are having any trouble finding their products in your craft store, go to their website www.eti-usa.com and they have a listing of retailers that carry their products, both in the U.S. and internationally.
Here are some of the items I used, available through Amazon, incase you want to give it a try:
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Trim your picture to the size you want. Cover the front and back with Mod Podge. I did three layers on each side, allowing it to dry between coats.
2. Prepare the jewelry clay according to the package directions.
3. Flatten your clay, working on parchment or wax paper. You want the size of the flattened clay to be a little larger than your photo.
4. Press the photo into the clay.
5. Create a frame around the picture and smooth as little or as much as you would like.
6. Create two balls and attach to the top of the frame and poke two holes into each, with a needle tool, or something similar.
7. Brush the pigment powder on the front and the back.
8. Allow to cure 12 to 24 hours.
9. Brush off excess pigment powder.
10. Prepare your resin according to the package directions and apply to the front of the picture.
11. Allow to cure 12 to 24 hours.
12. Tie a string or cord through the holes and you have a Minecraft pendant!
Thanks for stopping by! Happy Crafting!