You will need:
- 2 Empty and clean pop cans
- 1/2 of a styrofoam ball
- Glue (I used Weldbond for the pushpins and E6000 to glue the cans together)
- Spray paint in yellow, green and black or brown
Here is the video tutorial:
1. With scissors, carefully cut the top off of the pop cans.
2. Cut 4 to 5 petals into the pop can - do not cut them off, they should remain attached. Bend them down and trim the in between pieces into little petals.
3. Spray paint both yellow - front and back.
4. Take the 1/2 styrofoam ball and your pushpins. Cover the styrofoam ball with glue - such as Weldbond that will weather and offer a seal between the styrofoam and the spray paint. Note: Spray paint will dissolve/melt styrofoam and that is why the glue is used as a sealer to prevent that.
5. Glue all of the push pins into the stryofoam and allow everything to completely dry.
6. Spray paint the pushpins black or brown.
7. Spray paint the dowel green.
8. Use a strong glue, such as the E6000, to glue the two pop cans together and the push pin stryofoam covered ball into the middle. Allow to dry.
9. Poke/cut or drill a hole into the bottom of the pop cans, creating a place to insert the dowel. Add glue and allow to dry.
That's it! Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!