Amazon

Friday, June 28, 2013

Father's Day Newspaper Pencil Holder Recycling Craft Tutorial

I've been a little behind on my posts, so I must apologize.  The video has been up for a while, but my blog post is coming after Father's Day.  Now I'm in catch up mode!

This is an easy craft, perfect for Father's Day, or any day really.  It's an inexpensive way to recycle and make an attractive gift.



You will need

-  An empty and clean can
-  Newspaper
-  Hot glue
-  Glue stick
-  Pencil
-  Rope for trim - optional

Here is the video tutorial:


Directions:

1.  Clean and dry the can.
2.  Take the newspaper and cut in half.  Starting at a corner, take your pencil and roll it in the newspaper, using your glue stick to glue it along the way.  Shake out pencil and set aside.  Repeat and make as many as you need to cover the can.
3.  Using hot glue, put a line of glue on the can and stick the first newspaper roll on the can.   Repeat with other rolls until the can is about half covered.  At this time, it is good to cut off the extra newspaper length on each side of the can.
4.  Finish with remaining rolls until entire can is covered.  Trim off extra ends.
5.  Take rope and hot glue it around the top and the bottom for a little finishing trim.  If you don't have rope, use ribbon or twine.

That's it!  I hope you try it!  If you do, be sure to send or tweet me a pic, or post it right on my Facebook wall!

Thanks for stopping by!  Happy Crafting!

Mona

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BAD ASS