Wednesday, July 24, 2013

How to Make a Decorative Platter Out of Coffee Beans

I'm not a coffee drinker, but I love the smell of coffee and the look of coffee beans.  I decided I would make a coffee bean craft.  My original thought was coaster, but I thought I would aim a little higher.




You will need:

-  Resin - I use Easy Cast - for more information about Easy Cast go to www.eti-usa.com
-  Silicone pie mold - I bought mine at Tuesday Morning a few years ago, but I know they available online
-  Coffee beans - but the least expensive you can find


Here is the video tutorial:


Directions:

1.  Prepare your resin, according to package directions
2.  Pour some resin into the pie mold
3.  Pour some coffee beans into pie mold and begin mixing.  Mix until everything is covered.  Add more resin and more coffee beans as needed.
4.  Once everything is well covered and coated, begin moving it around the pie mold.  Come up the edges a little and get everything spread out well as you can.
5.  Let it sit for a minimum of 12 hours.
6.  Unmold it!

*This is a decorative platter.  It would be good to use as a platter to catch keys.  I would not put food directly on it, since I don't know if it's okay or not, but I would not hesitate to put cupcakes on it because the bottoms are in paper or foil.

Thanks for stopping by!  Happy Crafting!

Mona


No comments: