I found these cute dimensional owl stickers at Hobby Lobby and they cried out to become a coaster!!
You will need:
- Coaster mold - You can either make one from an egg shaper (click here to see how), or I purchased a silicone mold and you can find a link where to buy it in the Products I Use tab.
- Resin - I use Easy Cast Resin - you can find it at Michaels and Hobby Lobby, as well as online. If you are needing to find it internationally, go to www.eti-usa.com and they have a list of where it is available.
- Owl stickers
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Prepare your resin according to package directions.
2. Pour a thin layer into the bottom of the mold and sprinkle in the glitter. The glitter will sink to the bottom and leave you with a flat surface.
3. Allow to cure for at least 12 hours.
4. Place your stickers onto the the resin. If they are paper stickers, you might want to seal them with Mod Podge. If they have a coating on them, or are plastic, you don't need to seal them. If you don't seal paper stickers, they will get dark spots. The way to seal a sticker is to put it on the resin and then brush the Mod Podge over it. You must allow it to completely dry before pouring the next layer of resin, or else it won't ever dry and you will have white or cloudy spots. If you let it completely dry, it will become invisible with the next layer of resin.
5. Pour enough resin to cover the stickers and again allow to cure for at least 12 hours.
6. Unmold and you have a great coaster!!
That's it! Thanks for stopping by! Happy Crafting!