Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Back to School Pencil Glitter Coaster Craft


I was asked to use pencils in a coaster, so here it is.   A little glitter, a few over sharpened pencils and resin.



You will need;

-  Resin
I use Easy Cast Resin.  It's low odor.  If you want more information, go to www.eti-usa.com.  It's available at Michaels, Hobby Lobby and online.  A great source for all your resin needs is Resin Obsession, www.resinobsession.com
-  Glitter
-  Pencils
-  Coaster mold 
I bought mine online off of Amazon.  I have it linked on the Products I Use Page.

Here is the video tutorial:


Directions:

1.  Prepare your resin according to package directions.
2.  Pour a small amount of resin into your mold.
3.  Sprinkle your glitter into the resin.  It will sink to the bottom.
4.  Gently add your pencils.
5.  Allow to set for 12 hours.  You can do it sooner, the pencils will float and if you do it too soon, you will have to make a thicker coaster, like I did.
6.  Add enough resin to give it a flat surface.
7.  Let it cure for at least 12 hours and unmold.

That's it!  Thanks for stopping by!  Happy Crafting!

Mona



No comments: