Amazon

Monday, September 16, 2013

Button Coaster - Another Coaster Friday



The buttons I used are from Oriental Trading and they come in a big bag.  I'm still working on that same bag.  You should check them out at www.orientaltrading.com.

You will need:

-  Buttons 
The buttons I used are from Oriental Trading and they come in a big bag.  I'm still working on that same bag.  You should check them out at www.orientaltrading.com.
-  Resin  
I used Easy Cast - for more information on Easy Cast and to find where it can be purchased internationally, go to www.eti-usa.com.  It is available at Michaels and Hobby Lobby, or you can find it online.  One great source for all your resin needs is Resin Obsession - www.resinobsession.com
-  Coaster Mold 
The one I used can be found under the Products I use, otherwise you can always make your own and you can find a link to the video on that at the end of this post.


Here is the video tutorial on how to make this coaster:







Directions:

1.  Prepare your resin according to the package directions.  
2.  Pour a small amount of resin into the mold.
3.  Add buttons, a few at a time, making sure they are sinking into the resin.
4.  Add additional resin as needed to make a level surface.
5.  Let it set for at least 12 hours and then you can unmold it!!

That's it!  Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!

Mona





No comments: