This is fun technique. I did it once before with pet photos. I thought it would be fun to do it with clipart!
You will need:
- Jewelry Clay - from the makers of Easy Cast - you can find more information on their website at www.eti-usa.com and it's available online and you can ask at your craft stores.
- Inkjet printer
- Pigment powder
- Stamps and ink pad
- Inkjet transfer paper (t-shirt transfer paper)
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Prepare your Jewelry Clay, according to the package directions. It's really easy!
2. Lay your printed photo on a flat surface.
3. Roll the clay into a ball and place it onto the printed photo. Tip: Make your print a little larger because you don't want the clay running off the edge of the picture and they having a white line.
4. Press the clay down on the printed photo. Take a needle tool or a pen and poke a hole into the top.
5. Brush pigment power onto the back and sides of the clay. The pigment powder will become part of the clay when it has finished curing.
6. Take a rubber stamp and a dye ink pad and stamp on the back (the freshly pigmented side that is currently face up) and stamp words or symbols or anything you like.
7. Allow to cure for at least 12 hours.
8. Peel the clay from the printed photo.
9. You can leave it that way, or you can put a layer of resin over the transferred photo for additional protection.
It will be rock solid and you can use it as a keychain, or hang it from your rearview mirror, or
Christmas ornaments, or bookmarks, etc.
That's it! Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!