For this particular coaster, they sent me gummy earthworms and they are very realistic! I decided to make an earthworm coaster. They are, by the way, root beer flavored and quite tasty. You can always grind up some Oreo cookies and put it in bowl, with some of these poking out, like they are crawling and digging through the dirt.
You will need:
available at www.orientaltrading.com
I used Easy Cast - for more information and where to find it internationally, go to www.eti-usa.comotherwise it's available at Michaels, Hobby Lobby and online at www.resinobsession.com
I have the one I used linked under Products I Use
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Prepare your resin, according to the package directions.
2. Pour some of the resin into your mold, making sure the bottom is covered.
3. Put in your worms, making sure to take your stir stick and pour resin over each worm, making sure it is completely covered with the resin.
4. Pour more resin over the worms, until the coaster is flat.
5. Allow to sit for at least 12 hours.
That's it!! Happy Halloween and Happy Crafting!
Thanks for stopping by!
*Oriental Trading sent me the Gummy Earthworms for review, but the ideas and opinions are all my own.