You will need:
- square resin mold
- wood pumpkin - already painted and decorated from the craft store
- resin - I use Easy Cast resin - for more information on the resin, go to www.eti-usa.com
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Prepare your resin according to the package directions.
2. Pour some resin into the mold, but don't fill it to the top.
3. Put in your pumpkin and take your stir stick to push it down. All the way down. Now, I thought this wood pumpkin would float…like a lot. I had planned on doing a second pour. I made sure it was covered with resin and it floated only a little. I removed any bubbles with my lighter and then I let it sit for 12 hours.
4. I popped it out of the mold and because in this particular case, I wanted to hang it, I drilled a hole in one of the corners. FYI: You get a cleaner hole if you drill from the back.
That's it! If a fun and festive fall piece to have hanging or laying around the house!
Happy Crafting and thanks for stopping by!