Do you ever wish you could think of an easy and unique hostess gift? Here's an easy and inexpensive gift that you can use to gift cookies, or bring the rolls for Thanksgiving. I made this one with a Fall theme, by using leaves.
You will need:
- A terra cotta pot and the saucer that fits the top like a lid
- Spray paint in gold and copper
- Rubber cement
- Leaves - flattened
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Spray paint the pot and saucer gold. Allow to dry. It may take one or two coats.
2. Take your flattened leaves and paint a thin layer of rubber cement on one side and allow to dry. I was working on parchment paper.
3. Put a second thin coat of rubber cement on the leaves and stick them to the pot.
4. Take your copper spray paint and paint the entire pot. Allow to dry.
5. Peel off the leaves. If any rubber cement remains, just rub it off.
6. Paint on the polyurethane coat and allow to dry.
7. Put in a nice napkin and your gift. Tie a nice ribbon around it and you are done!
That's it! Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!