Amazon

AD

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Fall Leaf Coaster Redo

My last fall leaf coasters didn't turn out quite as good as I hoped.  So, I thought I would try a different way of doing it.  And it worked!!

Here is the video tutorial:


You will need:
-  Coaster mold
*Go to the Products I Use tab and it will take you to the Amazon link, where I bought mine.
-  Resin - I use Easy Cast http://www.eti-usa.com-  Fall leaves - pressed for at least a week, under a heavy book
-  Clear glue or sealer

Directions:
1.  Seal your leaf or leaves with either a clear glue or Mod Podge.  Allow to fully dry.
2.  Prepare your resin according to the package directions.
3.  Pour it into the mold.
4.  Take your leaf and carefully press it into the resin.  Use your stir stick to gently press it down and that will cause bubbles to come out from under the leaf.
5.  Remove bubbles as needed, with either a lighter or take a straw and blow on them.
6.  Allow to set for at least 12 hours.
7.  Unmold and you have a beautiful coaster and you are preserving a piece of nature!

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!

Mona




No comments: