Amazon

AD

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Pasta Christmas Angel Craft


Here is a great craft to get the kids involved in.  I originally saw this craft years ago on the Carol Duvall Show.  Back then, I made them with my niece and nephew and my mom still has them.

You will need:
-  Pasta - Bowtie, rigatoni, macaroni, alphabet
-  Dried lima beans
-  Thin Sharpie marker
-  Glue - a tacky glue works well - hot glue works faster, but isn't great for young kids
-  Parchment paper is great to work on
-  Various paints, beads and glitter to decorate with

Here is the video tutorial:





Directions:
1.  Take the rigatoni noodle and glue on the bow tie pasta.  You want it to be more toward one end and not right in the middle.
2.  Take your lima bean and glue it to the rigatoni noodle.
3.  Add the macaroni arms.
4.  When everything is dry, hold it by the rigatoni noodle and put some glue on the lima bean - on the sides and the back.  Dip it into the alphabet noodles and that makes the hair.
5.  Let everything dry.
6.  With a fine point Sharpie marker draw on the face.
7.  Use different paints, beads and glitter to decorate your angel.  For some ideas, I show you how I decorated each of the angels shown in the video.

You can use these for all kinds of things.  Add a magnet to the back for a refrigerator magnet.  Glue them to a napkin ring.  As they are, you can add them to the stem of a small Christmas tree.  To create a hanging ornament, in step one, when you glue the rigatoni noodle to the bow tie pasta, add a piece of wire or fishing line between the two pastas and you now have a hanger built right in.

That's it.  Thanks for stopping by!  Happy Holidays and Happy Crafting!

Mona

1 comment:

Debbie Mallette said...

Great project! I love them all but I think my favourite is the sparkly blue angel with the silver wings. I also love the gold one. Thank you so much for sharing. This is a great craft for kids.