You will need:
- Mug - I bought mine from Dollar Tree
- Sharpie markers - I used regular Sharpies
- Letter stickers
- Snowman stencil
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Place your stencil on the side of the mug. It's best to use a little tape to help keep it in place.
2. Using a thin Sharpie marker, trace and fill in the outline. Remember, you are working on a non-porous surface, so be careful of smudging it. TIP: If you do smudge it, take some rubbing alcohol and it will wipe off and you can start over.
3. For the lettering, put your letter stickers on the mug. I chose to do JOY.
4. With a thicker Sharpie, do simple dots around the lettering. Let it dry and remove the stickers.
5. Place mug into a cold oven, on a baking sheet. Turn oven to 425 degrees and once it hits 425 degrees, leave it at that temperature for 30 minutes. Then, turn the oven off and let the mug completely cool in the oven.
Note: It is better to hand wash these mugs. They may not withstand the dishwasher, but I have not tried. I have hand washed them 6-7 times already and the color has not faded.
Note: Realize that some Sharpie colors will fade or change color. The black stayed a strong black. I did the JOY lettering in red and it turned to a rusty brown. If you watch the video I made another mug, with my name and Craft Klatch on it, with different colors, to see how they would turn out. Watch the video to see the results.
That's it! Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!