You will need:
- Clear glass votives - I purchased mine at Dollar Tree for a dollar a piece
- Mod Podge
- Tissue paper - I used three different blues
- Snowflake punch
- Glitter - I used a clear/white and a silver
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Take your tissue paper and punch out a bunch of snowflakes.
*TIP: Fold the tissue paper a couple of times. This allows you to get a cleaner punch and you get multiple snowflakes at once.
2. Using your Mod Podge, paint inside the votives and gently place your snowflake onto the Mod Podge. Use your brush to gently tap it down. Repeat with the different colors. I worked one side at a time.
3. Allow everything to dry.
4. Take your Mod Podge and pour some into a disposable cup and add your glitter. Brush the glitter/Mod Podge mixture inside the votive and then immediately sprinkle with dry/loose glitter.
5. Shake out any excess.
6. Repeat on the remaining sides of the votive.
7. Allow everything to dry. This will take time. You will know it is dry when it is all clear.
I used a battery operated votive, that flickers, inside the votive holder. I do not recommend using a regular candle because it might melt or burn your glitter.
Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!