A contemporary and whimsical twist to a classic. It's a Feather Boa Christmas Tree!
The fine people at Midnight Feather contacted me and asked if I would like to try some of their feathers in my crafts. My answer, YES! I visited their website at www.midnightfeather.com and had no idea how many beautiful feathers are available!
You will need:
- Feather boa (mine is from www.midnightfeather.com)
- Paper cone - I have the How to Make a Cone video linked below.
- Hot glue
- Fake berries
Here is the video tutorial:
Here is the How to Make a Cone video:
1. Create your cone.
2. Take your feather boa and start one end at the top. Put the end of the boa into the top of the cone and put a dab of glue there, to keep it in place.
3. Begin winding it around the tree, putting dabs of hot glue as you go around.
4. If your cone is too big, take scissors and trim off any excess off the bottom.
5. Take berries and with wire cutters or scissors, snip off small bunches.
6. Glue them into place on the tree.
That's it! Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!