Learn how to make these cute beachy starfish ornaments. They are perfect for anyone who loves the beach!
You will need:
- Starfish - mine were from Oriental Trading
- White glue
- Glitter - silver, blue, green and pink
- Fake pearl beads
- Adhesive half pearls - pink and green
- Various embellishments
- Bead cap
- Eye pin
- Jump ring
- Hot glue
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Take your white glue and paint it onto the starfish. Immediately sprinkle with glitter. Pat down and shake off excess.
2. You might need two coats. In the case of the silver, I painted the starfish silver first. Let it dry and then glittered with the silver. In the case of the green and pink starfish, I glittered the pink section first, let it dry and then did the remaining areas in the green.
3. Then start gluing on embellishments. A good source for stuff to embellish you projects with is the clearance section and garage sales. At garage sales, look for old costume jewelry. It can be broken, it doesn't matter. For the silver starfish, I used wire from the dollar store (Dollar Tree) and twisted it with some pliers. Snipped it and glued it into place.
4. Take your eye pin and put it through your bead cap. Note: You may need to shorten your eye pin, in order to be able to stick it in the arm of the starfish. Use a little hot glue to when you insert the eye pin.
5. Add a jump ring and a ribbon and you are done!!
Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!