Remember to subscribe to the Craft Klatch YouTube to stay up on the latest craft ideas!
Here's another easy dollar store makeover!! Glam up your holiday decor with a candy dish accent piece.
You will need:
- Star dish (I bought it at Dollar Tree)
- Candleholder (I bought it at Dollar Tree)
- Red glitter
- Mod Podge
- Glue (E6000, Weldbond, etc. would work)
- Sandpaper (whatever you have on hand is fine)
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Clean your pieces of finger prints. Use rubbing alcohol or a glass cleaner.
2. In a cup, mix some Mod Podge and glitter. Stir well and begin painting the mixture on the inside of the glass dish and the underside off the candleholder.
3. Allow to dry.
4. Follow up with additional coats until it is solid.
5. Put a couple more coats of Mod Podge to seal all the glitter and allow to dry. It will take time, but it will dry clear. It is best to let it completely dry between coats.
That's it! It's a hand wash piece and I think I would do wrapped candy in it.
Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!