Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Snowflake Coasters Another Coaster Friday


I made these coasters for the winter season.  It's cold outside and they capture that icy feeling.

You will need:

-  Coaster mold 
Go to the tab that reads Products I Use to find where I bought mine
-  Resin
I like Easy Cast - for more info go to www.eti-usa.com.  You can find it at Michaels, Hobby Lobby and Resin Obsession
-  Snowflakes
The large one I had from before.  It's just a snowflake ornament - look at the dollar store, or other stores.  The little ones are from Oriental Trading.  Here is the direct link to the snowflakes http://www.orientaltrading.com/silver-winter-snowflakes-a2-41_1345-12-1.fltr?Ntt=silver%20snowflakes
-  Glitter 
I used a variety of blues - both fine and coarse

Here is the video tutorial:


Directions:
1.  Prepare your resin according to the package directions.  
2.  Separate the resin into two small disposable cups and mix glitter into each.
3.  Pour the resin glitter mixture into each or the molds.  Note:  I made enough to cover the bottom of the mold, so it would not be too thick, realizing I would have to do clear top coat.
4.  Carefully place in the snowflakes.
5.  Allow to sit for several hours.
6.  Prepare resin according to package directions.  Pour enough resin in each coaster to fully embed the snowflakes.
7.  Let is sit for at least 12 hours.

That's it!  Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!

Mona

2 comments:

Debbie Mallette said...

These are beautiful! I have never made coasters before but these have inspired me to look into it. Thank you for your video and tutorial.

beccy griffiths said...

how much resin do you actually use.. in ml, please thank you x, they are gorgeous xx