I'm not sure they turned out as well as Charlotte's. If you want to see Charlotte's, here is the Whatcha Been Doin' Wednesday episode I was talking about:
You will need:
- Charm mold - see my Products I Use page for links to where they are available.
- Glitter - in rainbow colors
- Resin - I use Easy Cast (www.eti-usa.com)
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Prepare your resin according to the package directions.
2. Fill some into your mold, but don't fill it all the way up. Maybe go 1/2 way. You can always do a final fill after, if it's not enough.
3. I made a mess at this next step. You need to fill each color into the resin - trying to be neat, but you won't be. You should watch the video. If you have a little scoop or something, that might help, but realistically, it might not.
4. Allow the colors to sink before filling in more. It's a judgement call on which you do or don't need more of. Let it all sink and settle and let it cure for 12 hours.
5. If your mold isn't full, or the back side is scratchy, fill a little more into the mold, after it has cured. Allow to cure again.
6. Pop it out of the mold.
7. It will be matte, so you will want to either brush a layer of resin onto the front and allow to cure, or you could use clear nail polish, or a Triple Thick.
That's it! Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!