Monday, January 20, 2014

DIY Coffee Themed Coaster: Another Coaster Friday!

Remember to stay up on the latest, be sure to SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube Channel!  
You can click right HERE!

I know you coffee lovers are out there!  This one is for all of you!  I used a combination of coffee beans and stickers to come up with fun accessory!

You will need:

-  Coaster mold - for a link where I bought mine, click on the Products I Use tab.
-  Resin - I use Easy Cast - for more information, go to www.eti-usa.com
-  Coffee beans 
-  Stickers

Here is the video tutorial:


Directions:
1.  Prepare your resin, according to the package directions.
2.  Mix enough coffee beans with the resin, to cover the bottom of the coaster mold.
3.  Pour the resin covered beans into the mold and spread around evenly.
4.  Allow to cure for at least 12 hours.
5.  Take your stickers and stick them to the beans.  TIP:  If you have paper stickers, make sure to seal them first, or you will get resin stains on them and they won't look very nice.
6.  Prepare some more resin and pour over the stickers, making sure they are fully covered.
7.  Allow to cure for at least 12 hours.
8.  That's it!  Unmold it and enjoy your new coaster!

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!

Mona

Here are links to the products I used through Amazon, incase you would like to make one too!



2 comments:

  1. very cute, i have a coffee themed kitchen the coasters would be perfect for! thanks for sharing your beautiful crafts found you on clever chic hop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute coaster with the Coffee Theme.
    Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear what you are thinking! I may not be able to answer each one of you, but know I read each and every comment. Thank you for taking the time!

Mona