Friday, January 31, 2014

DIY Super Bowl Football Coaster - Another Coaster Friday

Remember to stay up on the latest, be sure to SUBSCRIBE to my 
You can click right HERE!  For easy reference, click on the Tutorials tab above.

The big game is this weekend and here are some fun coasters to add to the festivities.


You will need:
-  Coaster mold - see where I bought mine in the Products I Use link above
-  Resin - I use Easy Cast - for more info go to www.eti-usa.com
-  Glitter
-  Football stickers


Directions:
1.  Prepare your resin according to the package directions.
2.  Mix in green chunky glitter
3.  Pour into mold.
4.  Let cure for at least 12 hours.
5.  Put stickers on resin.
6.  Prepare more resin and pour over the stickers until fully covered.
7.  Allow to cure for at least 12 hours.
8.  Unmold your ultra cool coaster!!

What is your favorite Super Bowl snack and do you watch the game or just the commercials?

Thanks for stopping by!  Happy Crafting!

Mona



2 comments:

  1. This one was cute! I discussed your coasters with my mother and she was wondering: Do you ever attach an absorbent surface like cork to your coasters? If so, please show how. Thanks! Happy Creating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara- I have put backing on some of my older ones, but I like it better without. It's smooth and won't scratch the table. If the cork gets wet, your table is damp anyway. You could buy cork sheets at the craft store and cut them to size, or you could buy the pre made rounds, which will be close. I haven't had a glass with enough condensation yet to run off the coaster, if that helps. Mona :)

      Delete

I always love to hear what you are thinking! I read each and every comment. Thank you for taking the time and stopping by!

Mona