Remember, to stay up on the latest, be sure to SUBSCRIBE to my
You can click right HERE! For easy reference, click on the Tutorials tab above.
Also, I created an Amazon store link, with items that I use in my crafts, just click on the
Products I Use above!
Products I Use above!
I thought heart confetti would be a nice touch for this resin bowl.
You will need:
- Resin - I use Easy Cast Resin, it can be found at local craft stores, or in the Products I Use above. For more information go to www.eti-usa.com.
- Bowl mold - you see how I made mine HERE
- Heart confetti - I used two different kinds from Hobby Lobby
- Small white beads
- Lip stickers
- Wilton candy mold with swirl
- Mold Release (also available at craft stores and the Amazon Products I Use above)
- Red glitter
- Rotary tool
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Prepare your resin according to the package directions. In a small cup mix some resin with the small white beads. You need just enough to fill the very bottom of the mold. Allow to cure for 12 hours.
2. Prepare more resin and mix in the smaller heart confetti and pour into mold. This time, take the inner part of the mold and put it on the resin. I have rice I put into the inner mold, to weight it down. Allow to cure for 12 hours.
3. Don't remove the inner mold. Mix resin with larger confetti and carefully between the two molds. Allow to cure for 12 hours.
4. Remove the inner mold. Mix resin with red glitter and pour into the bottom of the bowl and put the inner mold back in. Allow to cure for 12 hours.
5. While it is curing, spray the swirl mold with mold release. Once dry, mix resin with small white beads and pour into the swirl mold. Allow to cure for 12 hours.
6. Remove the inner mold. Remove the swirl from the candy mold. Glue swirl into the bottom of the inside of the bowl. Allow to dry.
7. Add lip stickers to inner bowl.
8. Take a disposable brush and paint the inside of the bowl. Any excess will settle in the bottom, making the swirl a permanent part of the bowl. Allow to cure at least 12 hours.
9. Take your rotary tool and carefully trim the top edge, to clean up the bowl.
10. Clean up bowl and invert it on a bottle or something and paint the resin on the outside of the bowl. Go back every once in a while to wipe the edge. Allow to cure for 12 hours.
Now you have a really pretty heart bowl!
Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!