Amazon

AD

Friday, March 14, 2014

DIY Easter Coaster - Another Coaster Friday

To stay up on the latest, be sure to 
You can click right HERE!  

For easy reference, click on the Tutorials tab above.
Also, I created an Amazon store link, with items that I use in my crafts, just click on the
Products I Use above!


Spring is kind of in the air here….only about once a week…...but that's enough to get me started thinking about Easter!

Here is my first Easter coaster of the season!


You will need:
-  Coaster mold (find in Products I Use above, or linked below)
-  Easy Cast Resin (find in Products I Use above or linked below)
-  Easter stickers - most craft store carries them
-  Easter grass
-  Green glitter
-  Mold Release (optional - the mold works without it, but it conditions the mold and makes it last longer)

Here is the video tutorial:


Directions:

1.  Prepare you're resin according to the package directions.
2.  Cut your Easter grass into small pieces.  If you keep the pieces long, they become unruly and won't lay as flat in the mold.
3.  Mix Easter grass and a small amount of green glitter into the resin.
4.  Pour into the mold.  Help it spread out and push down the Easter grass as needed.  If you have lumps, your stickers won't lay flat.  (TIP:  If necessary you can do a thin layer after this first one has cured for a couple of hours.  Only do that if your surface is too lumpy for the stickers.
5.  Allow to cure.  I recommend 12 hours.  Remember to take your lighter or straw to get rid of any bubbles.
6.  Put your stickers on the coaster.
7.  Prepare some more resin (you only need a thin layer).
8.  Pour over stickers and let it cure for another 12 hours.

That's it!  Hope you like it!  Happy Easter and Happy Crafting!

Thanks for stopping by!

Mona

Here are some products available at Amazon that I thought would be helpful, if you would like to make a coaster too!