Amazon

AD

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

DIY Faux Sea Glass Dragonfly How To

To stay up on the latest, be sure to 
You can click right HERE!  

For easy reference, click on the Tutorials tab above.
Also, I created an Amazon store link, with items that I use in my crafts, just click on the
Products I Use above!

I wanted to give my dragonfly mold another go and tried to go with a sea glass look.


You will need:
-  Dragonfly mold
-  Easy Cast Resin (for more info about where it can be found internationally go to www.eti-usa.com)
-  India ink

Here are the items on Amazon, incase you want to give it a go:




Here is the video tutorial:





Directions:
1.  Prepare your resin according to the package directions.  You only need a little.
2.  Mix in a small amount of blue india ink.  You don't want to make it too dark.
3.  Carefully drip or pour the blue into the dragonfly wings and body.  Some will leak out to the trim area.  You can go further and fill that up too.  It's up to you.
4.  Allow to cure for 12 hours.
5.  Make more resin and mix in some white india ink.
6.  Pour into mold.
7.  Allow to cure for at least 12 hours before removing from mold.

That's it!  Hope you like it!  Thanks for stopping by!

Mona


1 comment:

Dobermann said...

Hello,
Beautiful dragonfly! I am new to resin and am trying to create the faux sea glass look which is how I discovered your video. Do you think it was the ink that gave it the frosted effect? Or the matte finish of the mold? Or the brand of resin? I'm thinking it is the matte finish of the mold coupled with the translucent coloring from the ink. But I don't know why it is frosty instead of just matte. That's the part I am trying to figure out. Any insight please?