Amazon

AD

Friday, May 30, 2014

Father's Day Coaster DIY - Another Coaster Friday - Tools & Nails

To stay up on the latest, be sure to 
You can click right HERE!  

For easy reference, click on the Tutorials tab above.
Also, I created an Amazon store link, with items that I use in my crafts, just click on the
Products I Use above!

Father's Day is coming up and I have another Father's Day coaster idea!


You will need:

-  Coaster mold
-  Resin (I used Easy Cast - to find it internationally, go to www.eti-usa.com)
-  Stickers of tools (I found mine at Hobby Lobby)
-  Nail and or brads (I bought them at Walmart)


Incase you're are looking for any of the items, they are available at Amazon:





Here is the video tutorial:





Directions:

1.  Prepare your resin, according to the package directions.
2.  Mix some small nails into the resin and pour into your mold.
3.  Add additional nails, of varying sizes.  You want to make sure you have enough resin to cover the nails and give you a flat surface.
4.  Allow to cure 12 hours.
5.  Add stickers.
6.  Prepare more resin - you just need enough to cover the stickers.
7.  Allow to cure for at least 12 hours before unmolding.
8.  Remember to take a lighter or a straw and run it over the resin, after you pour it, and that will get rid of the bubbles.  If you are using the straw, you have to blow into it.
9.  Unmold and you have a one of a kind gift for Father's Day!

That's it!  Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!  Let me know what your think!

Mona



No comments: