Amazon

Friday, May 23, 2014

Manly Coaster For Father's Day - Another Coaster Friday

To stay up on the latest, be sure to 
You can click right HERE!  

For easy reference, click on the Tutorials tab above.
Also, I created an Amazon store link, with items that I use in my crafts, just click on the
Products I Use above!


Father's Day will be here before you know it and I thought we should do a manly coaster.  I has kind of an industrial look to it.  

You will need:

-  Coaster mold
-  Resin - I used Easy Cast (if you are looking for it internationally, go to www.eti-usa.com)
-  Screws, nails, washer, whatever you can find


Incase you are looking for the mold, resin I used, they are available through Amazon:




Here is the video tutorial:



Directions:
1.  Prepare your resin according to the package directions.
2.  Pour some resin into the bottom of the mold.
3.  Take your screws, nails, washers, or whatever you want and drop it into the resin.  
4.  Pour additional resin right over it.  You want enough resin to make it a level surface.
5.  Take a lighter and run it over the surface to eliminate any bubbles.
6.  Allow it to sit for at least 12 hours before unmolding.

That's it!  Now you have a manly coaster that would be a perfect gift for your dad, husband, brother, boyfriend, or carpenter!

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!

Mona



3 comments:

Betsy Finn said...

This is fun. Thanks for sharing the tutorial on how to make it!

Margaret Stringham Christensen said...

Very fun! I'm thinking this would be great for my father. Thanks for the video tutorial.
Found you on Artsy Corner.

Rachel Beach said...

This is a cool idea! Your right, very manly and I can use up those random screws we always have laying in the garage.