Amazon

AD

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Rainbow Glitter Coasters - Another Coaster Friday



To stay up on the latest, be sure to 
You can click right HERE!  

For easy reference, click on the Tutorials tab above.
Also, I created an Amazon store link, with items that I use in my crafts, just click on the
Products I Use above!

I bought a glitter set (I believe at Walmart), quite some time ago.  My plan was to do a rainbow coaster, as I had already made a rainbow pendant.  The set did not come with red, so I used some fine red glitter I had on hand.

You will need:

-  Coaster mold
-  Easy Cast Resin (for info on where it's available internationally go to www.eti-usa.com)
-  Fine rainbow glitter



Here is the coaster mold and resin, incase you want to give it a try:




Here is some glitter that looks like it would work well:

 



  Here is the video tutorial:



Directions:

1.  Set up seven disposable cups, with seven stir sticks.  
2.  Prepare your resin, according to the package directions and pour resin into each cup.  Keep in mind that your outer ring or first color, will need more resin and less will be needed on the inner colors.
3.  Mix your glitter into the resin.
4.  Pour your first color, right into the center of the mold.  Follow with each additional color, always pouring right into the center of the mold.
5.  Allow to cure for at least 12 hours.  Go over it with a lighter to pop any bubbles, within the first hour.
6.  With your leftover glitter resin, just drop the different colors randomly into one of the other molds.  Let the colors spread and run into one anther.
7.  Again, allow to cure for at least 12 hours and run a lighter over the surface to pop bubbles.
8.  Likely some of the glitter will rise to the top and give you a less than shiny appearance.  Mix enough resin to put a thin final layer across the top of both coasters and again allow to cure at least 12 hours.

You can unmold them and enjoy your new coasters!  

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!

Mona



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Mona
I've just found your website and all I can say is WOW. I have never used resin but can't wait to give it a try. I liked the Mod Podge coaster best. However the other one was great too but the using up of the left overs was my favourite.
Greetings from Australia.
Helen