Wednesday, July 16, 2014

What to Make with Leftover Resin.... A Crab Ring DIY

To stay up on the latest, be sure to 
You can click right HERE!  
Like my FACEBOOK page HERE!

For easy reference, click on the Tutorials tab above.
Also, I created an Amazon store link, with items that I use in my crafts, just click on the
Products I Use above!

I had some leftover resin after a project and didn't want it to go to waste.  I pulled out some Martha Stewart molds I had on hand and made some stuff.  I poured some flowers too, which can be seen in the video, but the outstanding piece was the crab.  I loved the way it turned out and immediately turned it into a ring!


You will need:
-  Resin - If you are working on a larger project and have some leftover, even better!  I used Easy Cast Resin.  For more information about the product and where it can be found internationally, go to www.eti-usa.com
-  Fine red glitter
-  Ring blank
-  Glue
-  Mold

Here are some similar the items to the ones I used, available through Amazon:



Here is the video tutorial:



Directions:

1.  Prepare your resin according to the package directions.  
2.  Mix in red glitter.
3.  Pour into crab mold.
4.  Allow to cure a minimum of 12 hours.
5.  Unmold and glue on ring blank.  Allow to dry.

That's it!  Now you have a cute, beachy crab ring!

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!

Mona



No comments: