Sunday, August 10, 2014

DIY Shark Golf Balls Recycling Craft for Shark Week

To stay up on the latest, be sure to 
You can click right HERE!  
Like my FACEBOOK page HERE!

For easy reference, click on the Tutorials tab above.
Also, I created an Amazon store link, with items that I use in my crafts, just click on the
Products I Use above!


Here's another craft in honor of Shark Week!  I was just watching as I was writing this and found myself fascinated and creeped out and fascinated and creeped out and FASCINATED!

Here is a much cuter version of a shark than any I saw on TV!



You will need:
-  Golf balls
-  Gray paint in two shades
-  Blue paint in two shades
-  Fine point permanent marker
-  Googly eyes
-  Craft foam in blue and gray
-  Glue

Here is the video tutorial:



Directions:
1.  Take your permanent marker and draw the mouth, teeth and outline around the mouth.  I show you how to do it in the video.
2.  Paint the darker color on the ball, outside of the outline.  This will take at least two coats.
3.  Once dry, cut out fins and tail.  The dorsal fins are triangles, as are the two smaller side fins.  The tail is also a basic shape.  
4.  Glue them in place.  You can use hot glue or other glue.
5.  Glue on the eyes.
6.  Take the lighter colors and paint a pointed area between the eyes and follow it along to the tail.
7.  Cut small strips from scraps.  Glue them on the edge of the eyes, making them look angry.

That's it!  Keep your eyes open!  
Thanks for stopping by!  Happy Crafting!

Mona



3 comments:

  1. These are so cute! Pinning for later to make with my kids

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I saw Totoro for the grey shark from the first photo! I like your diy! Looks cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these so cute!

    Cindy @ Upcycled Design Lab

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear what you are thinking! I read each and every comment. Thank you for taking the time and stopping by!

Mona