Amazon

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Garbage to Gorgeous Episode #6 - Part 1: I Built a Doghouse Out of What?!?! Coco's Key West Inspired Beach House! Extreme Dog House



To stay up on the latest, be sure to 
You can click right HERE!  
Like my FACEBOOK page HERE!

For easy reference, click on the Tutorials tab above.
Also, I created an Amazon store link, with items that I use in my crafts, just click on the
Products I Use above!


I was contacted by Dog Fence DIY  (http://www.dogfencediy.com), to contribute to their Do It Yourself Hackathon.  I was asked if I would make a dog related craft.  I gave it some thought and decided I wanted to stretch my crafting chops and make a doghouse.  I wanted it to be a Key West beach house  inspired doghouse - like someone built a colorful cottage, right on there on beach.  I wanted it to be sturdy, but I wanted it to look like someone just decided to put it there.  And of course it had to be colorful!



 


I wanted to use as many recycled materials a s I could.  I used a table (found just outside of a dumpster, up in Wisconsin), for the frame.  I used three old palettes, for the siding and building the roof structure.  I did by plywood for the base and for the part of the roof.  I used shims, from Home Depot, for the shingles.  I wanted the shingles to be different sizes because remember this is a beach cottage.  

The main tools I used were:

-  Hammer
-  Pliers
-  Jigsaw
-  Rotary tool
-  Nail gun
-  Staple gun

Since it would be impossible for me to fully write out the directions, here is the video for Part 1.  Part 2 will be posted on Monday, so you can see the details, including the interior decorating and how I made the front yard!




Thanks for stopping by!  Happy Crafting!


Mona

No comments: