Amazon

AD

Monday, November 10, 2014

Thrift Store Redo DIY!

To stay up on the latest, be sure to 
You can click right HERE!  
Like my FACEBOOK page HERE!

For easy reference, click on the Tutorials tab above.
Also, I created an Amazon store link, with items that I use in my crafts, just click on the
Products I Use above!


Are you ready for an EASY project?  I stopped at the Goodwill store last week and found a duck.  I liked the shape, but as it was I would never have put it out.  So, I decided on a simple redo!


You will need:
-  A ceramic or porcelain knick knack - in my case, it was a duck
-  Multi-surface acrylic paint - I used white birch
-  Red ribbon


This is the brand I used, available through Amazon, but you can find it at Hobby Lobby, I believe for less:



Here is the video tutorial:



Directions:
1.  Clean up your piece.  I used a little rubbing alcohol and a paper towel to just clean any dust, grease or grime that might have been left on the duck.
2.  Once it dried, I just used the multi-surface paint, with a sponge brush and did 3-4 coats.  The beak and the feet needed a little more coverage than the rest of the body.
3.  Once it dried, I tied a simple red ribbon around its neck and VIOLA - that is something I would have sitting around my house!

That's it!  I told you it was easy! 

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!

Mona



2 comments:

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

I LOVE thrifting and CRAFTING! This is adorable - thanks for sharing :)

Kathy Shea Mormino said...

I so love to repurpose items. Your duck came out beautiful.
Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

Cheers,
Kathy Shea Mormino
The Chicken Chick
http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com