I love the look of dichroic glass and have loved working with it in a kiln. I thought it might look nice embedded in resin as well!
You will need:
- Jewelry clay
- Dichroic glass
- Pigment powder
- Resin - I used Easy Cast
Here are some items available from Amazon, that might help you create your own:
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Prepare your jewelry clay, according to the package directions. The jewelry clay acts as an adhesive and cures rock hard. It will stick to the pendant without any additional adhesives.
2. Put your jewelry clay into the bezel and spread it around.
3. With tweezers, take your shards of dichroic glass and press them into the clay.
4. With a paint brush, take pigment powder and brush it all over your piece.
5. Allow to cure. Once cured, brush off the excess pigment powder.
6. Prepare your resin, according to the package directions.
7. With your stir stick, drip resin onto the piece. Make sure it is all covered. You want to do this slowly because you do not want the bezel to overflow.
8. Take a lighter and run it over the resin, to pop any bubbles.
9. Allow to cure.
That's it! Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!