To stay up on the latest, be sure to SUBSCRIBE to the Craft Klatch YouTube Channel HERE!
Everyone goes through different things in life and sometimes love and Valentine's Day are wonderful things, and other times it's not. This pendant is for those who are at a place where it is not.
You will need:
- Heart shaped bezel
- Jewelry clay
- Resin (I used Easy Cast)
- Pigment powder
- Red glass - small shards
Here are some items available through Amazon, incase you want to give it a try:
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Mix the jewelry clay, according to the package directions. You only need a little to cover the inside of the bezel.
2. Take tweezers and place the small pieces of glass into the jewelry clay and press down with the other side of the tweezers. TIP: You will get residue on your gloves, from handling the clay. Make sure you don't get those fingerprints on the glass. If you get fingerprints on the sides of the bezel, use a paper towel and rubbing alcohol to gently wipe the fingerprints away, before the clay cures.
3. Take pigment powder and apply to clay, with a soft brush.
4. Allow clay to cure.
5. Once cured, take a soft brush and brush any loose pigment powder off the piece.
6. Prepare a small amount of resin, according to the package directions.
7. Gently drip the resin onto the piece. Be careful and go slow, you don't want the resin to overflow the bezel.
8. Allow to cure.
That's it! Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!