It’s time for Another Coaster Friday and this week I wanted to preserve some of my vacation beach finds! I’m doing a Mother of Pearl Coaster!!
You will need:
- Coaster mold
- Resin - I used Easy Cast, but Envirotex Lite would work too!
- Mother of pearl - cleaned and dried
Here are some of the items available through Amazon, incase you want to give it a try!
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Prepare your resin, according to the package directions.
2. Pour a thin layer into the mold. Let the bubbles rise to the top and then pop them with your lighter.
3. One at a time, take a piece of mother of pearl and submerge it into your resin. Using a pair of tweezers, gently place it into the mold. Repeat until you have enough to cover the surface of your mold and arrange until you are happy with them.
4. Pop bubbles with your lighter and check back periodically incase more bubbles arise.
5. Let it sit a minimum of 12 hours before unmolding.
That's it! Now you have preserved a piece of your vacation and turned it into an awesome one of a kind home decor accessory!
Thanks for stopping by! Stay safe and Happy Crafting!